Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finding The Balance

Generally speaking, I scored the average compared to the rest of class. I strongly believe that there is still room for me to improve my negotiation skill. During the negotiation, my strategy to approach the task was simply to find a balance between both of us so that we can achieve the goal without hurting each other. However, I found out, sometimes, when I try to make neutral deals with people, things usually get worse and they try to take advantages from me and even push me to my boiling point. I think people usually take serious concerns about their benefits over the others. They tried to make points that make us seemed miserable and nonetheless if we don’t accept their deals. When they use this kind of traps and influences on me, I like to approach the matter with different angles. In other words, I have to solve the puzzle by putting myself in their shoes and try to find their misconceptions, try to correct them and put them back in my situation. I certainly learned a lot of lessons from the negotiation and certainly have many things need to improve. For example, I need to develop a strategy which can quickly identify their moods, tones, and situations by putting my self into their situation to solve the problem.

1 comment:

  1. I like what Sam said, but I feel like he should take a more proactive approach to these negotiations. It is always understood that in a negotiation, both parties will sacrifice something. Making neutral deals with have both people leave the negotiation and feel neutral about it. I think the best way is to figure out the importance of each topic. If party A sacrifices a little bit on moving expense, but gains a lot from the insurance coverage, they will be more apt to let party B gain a lot by sacrificing a little.

    The best kinds of negotiations are when everyone walks away with a smile.

    ReplyDelete