Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blind (and deaf and mute?) Square

I'm going to start out by saying that yes, I do believe our group was successful. We were all blind(most of us were mute) and somehow we made a perfect square. I believe that myself and the rest of the class who had done it before might as well have been deaf on top of that. It could have been motivating to know that we had done it before, therefore we should contribute entirely to the completion of the square while the others stay quiet. But after I found out I couldn't talk (which happened to me the last time I did it since I have done it 3 times), I definitely checked out.

I'm sure that those students who haven't done it before were frustrated that there was such a lack of cooperation. It took a long time of just standing around for someone to step up and organize us into a square (someone in my group by the way!). I did throw out a few suggestions while the exercise was going on, like saying what number you were directly into the person's ear to the left and hitting their hand so they knew.

Looking back, I wish I would have tried harder to help make the square. I'm not too proud of how I participated and I definitely think that in the next exercise I will contribute much much more. I just hope I haven't done the next exercise twice before :)

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the honesty in regards to assessing your own performance. Undoubtedly, you'll experience many of these team-building activities over and over in your life, and the ability to learn from each experience is a great thing!

    ReplyDelete